Saturday, March 3, 2012

favorite drugstore make up.


i wrote this as a guest post for my friend, carisa and thought i would share it with you too!
 here are some of my favorite drugstore make up finds. these are a few that have proven to be tried and true for me. enjoy!
 fave drugstore makeup
1 // physician's formula mineral wear loose powder / $11.00
i have combination skin so i like a mineral powder that provides medium to full coverage. this stuff is amazing! in the summer i use it over my liquid foundation and in the winter, this is my foundation. it lasts all day and applies very evenly. 

2 // elf mineral infused face primer / $6.00
just started using this a few weeks ago. and i realized today that this really does work! i don't have to re-apply my make up at all. it makes my skin feel like silk and provides a smooth canvas before i apply my make up. 

3 // elf eye primer / $3.00
similar to the face primer, this ensures that my eye shadow and liner aren't going to budge all day. i can tell a real difference if i skip this step. and it lasts for-ever! this is so worth the $3.00.  believe me. 

4 // cover girl lash blast mascara / $7.00
there are so many mascaras to choose from. but this is my current fave. i am already blessed with long lashes, but this stuff adds major volume! the small bristles really get each individual lash. plus, the orange tube is just fun. 

5 // physician's formula conceal rx physician's strength concealer (yeah long name, right?) / $8.00
anybody else have some mega dark under eye circles? what about the occasional "blemish?" well this stuff is phenomenal at covering up both. a little bit goes a long way. it is the best covering and lasting concealer i have found. my make up artist friend even commented at how "strong" it was when she was taking off my make up to play with some fun colors. it gets my vote!   

physician's formula and cover girl can be found at most major drug and grocery stores. 
you can find elf make up in some stores or online here

i would love to answer any questions you might have about these products or if you need any other suggestions for a cheaper but effective alternatives for make up products!

you can contact me here or just leave a comment:

twitter // eesimpson
facebook // style of a songbird
instagram // eesimpson


erica

3 comments:

  1. i/you got so many great comments from this post! ps i awarded you the 7x7 award, stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally have to get #5 - my circles are AWFUL! :) Thanks for introducing me to Elf too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girrrrl. you have GOT to try it. sometimes i scare myself in the morning with my dark circles. and i wish i was kidding.

      Delete

thanks for commenting. i love hearing from YOU!