Saturday, January 21, 2012

DIY Headband Organizer






As you can see, I love headbands, head scarves and any hair accessories! :) 

Remember that headband organizer from my top 5 pinterest finds last week?  This week my friend Carisa and I had a craft day and I made one of my own! 

I found some great patterned fabric, got an old oatmeal container, a hot glue gun and some ribbon and went to town!

          

{Start with a container of oats and end with this!} 

Directions:

Cut fabric to reach around the oatmeal container and lid.  (Similar to wrapping a present).

Use hot glue gun to attach the fabric. It is helpful to cut slits when wrapping it around the bottom so the fabric will overlap when you are gluing it to create a smooth cover. (Hope that makes sense).

Glue a piece of ribbon around the edge of the lid.


Headbands are easy to lose and hard to keep organized. This easy DIY provides a cute option for keeping track of all your cute headbands, scarves and even barrettes and pony tails (just pop off the lid and keep them inside!)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

P.S. Check out an awesome giveaway over at She Breathes Deeply. She is giving away a beautiful necklace from an awesome fair trade company!

erica

3 comments:

  1. love how it turned out! Also loving the new signature :)

    -Carisa
    www.bunniesandpearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can totally rock the headbands girl. I can't pull one off for the life of me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Heather. I mostly wear them to cover up my bad hair days. I think you could totally pull them off. they are so cute with short hair :)
    Thanks for stopping by!!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting. i love hearing from YOU!