Friday, August 31, 2012

bits & pieces.


i'm excited to start a new feature on style of a songbird, called bits & pieces. i have been so struck by this quote lately: 


i want to document some of those "little things" throughout my week that in the end, add up to be the "big things." i'm linking up with lauren and carina to highlight five moments {or bits & pieces} of life that i am grateful for:

one. enjoying a "just right" cup of coffee in my favorite new ikea chair.
two. so much *love* inside this envelope full of treasures to incorporate for my art journal from a dear friend.
three. not too many things that can make a day better than a fresh pedicure.
four. "i create love that spirals through me and dances with joy." art journal page inspired by hannah.
five. date night with my love.

a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut

have a beautiful weekend! <3

post signature

5 comments:

  1. My hubby and I lead worship together, too. It's such an awesome thing to be able to do with your spouse :)

    Love your journals too!

    -Katie
    http://loverlysheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, erica! the little moments really do add up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, date nights! I miss those :) They've been missing the last few weeks with the new baby & the move but we need to get them back. Love your pedicure! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loveee that first picture/sign! so cute and true!

    Happy Friday! Stop by and say hello! :)
    nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really good idea. I find it so hard to be mindful of the little special moments in life, especially when the week has been hectic or stressful. It's good for somebody to tell me to stop and take them in sometimes. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for commenting. i love hearing from YOU!