Wednesday, September 5, 2012

becoming.


the most important words we'll ever utter are those words we say to ourselves, about ourselves, when we're by ourselves. (the outlined text says "you're so beautiful")

who are you? 
who do others say you are? your spouse? your family? friends? strangers? 
who do you say you are?

not good enough. too old. too young. not as talented or creative as ____?! 

a theme has come out in my art journaling lately. the theme of acceptance, even more than just tolerance, but celebration of one's self.

{it's so easy to magnify our flaws & shortcomings.} 

but today i declare i am...
beautiful. creative. talented. 

in fact, i'm an artist

this post written by a sweet, fellow creative soul captured what i've been feeling: 
I am daring to call myself an artist. The thing I’ve never spoken out loud… I am screaming it now and it feels so very true & settles deeply into my bones.


there's always a risk involved in "becoming." it means moving into uncharted territory, opening ourselves up to new realms and identities. but "the pain caused by not growing is worse than growing pains."

what are you calling yourself today? maybe for the first time? speak it out. even if just a whisper at first, because what we say about ourselves, when we're by ourselves, matters.

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate you, your message and your blog! It is uplifting and just plain fun! Thank you! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Julie! Thank you so much for the kind words. it means so much to me that people enjoy reading. <3 Thank you for taking the time to let me know!!

      Delete
  2. So true! Our words have such power and not many realize it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a powerful realization for me this week, for sure! Thanks so much for reading!! <3

      Delete

thanks for commenting. i love hearing from YOU!